Wednesday, January 18, 2006

MMMargiela's White World pt. two

The indoor events are the tough tasks, over ten pavillions spreaded around the Fortezza. After lack of direction, I finally decided to start at padiglione centrale, the biggest one. Bingo!! I met the first santuary of my white prigrimage. Photo Souvenir, photo booths as is in an airport or train station, visitors can have a souvenir photo taken at these booths. Their face will be incorporated into white image taken at MMM in Paris. They may even have their face superimposed on a group school of a class in white coats. Unfortunately, the machine were out of service then...i missed the shoot. BUT!! a journalist from the Italian monthly newspaper asked me to be a presenter, to shoot my body knee-down...so the star was my Jil Sander's boots. There're many events in pad. centrale. I moved on to interact a few; Grab A Cuddle, my favortite. A white 'grab and drop' soft toy machines usual of train stations, a gaming halls let visitors win the soft toys. Praise the fool!, I didn't notice the tokens given in the press's bag. I didn't succeed putting a euro coin to operate the machine...i missed the toys. (again) Musical White, music banks that visitors can relax on furniture taken from MMM in Paris and listen to 'white' music - songs and artists with either white, blanc, blanco or bianco, white-ever in their name. Ice Cream Flavours In White, a gelateria, so typical of Italy, proposed many flavour's of white ice cream i.e. coco, white chocolate. I got a ticket from the press meeting, a staff girl told me to get flowers?? Then I understood. Flower All Sorts In White, white flower seller sold fake and real flowers as bouquets or buttonholes. White sugar coated chocolate are made up of small posies of flower. Numbers And Names, white customised Tee. Visitors may customise white T-shirts as mementos of their visit to Pitte. Have you ever wondered what does the numbers in circle refered to? The answer is on the Tee. Caffe...??, the trompe l'oeil version of an existing Parisian tea room was brought to Pitti. This cafe provided refreshment for visitors. To be continued...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a lovely blog. More MMM please:-)

nqth@tFS

P U N said...

Thanks ngth@tfs. It will be continued soon, after my hectic exam week.