Thursday, January 26, 2006

MMM at Teatro Puccini

I left a hostel around 7 to catch the bus to Teatro Puccini. In the bus, I met 2 guys, they're so outstanding from the people. That's why we can easily differenciate fashion people from the others. Even they dress in [their] plain and normal way, there're always something like an strange aura out off them. Anyway, My plan was to look for Mr. Martin Margiela in person. i arrived at Puccini around 7.30. Two fashionable guys asked me with their Anglo-Italian accent, without looking around "Excuse me...Where is the tee-ar-ter?" "Tee-a-ter is in front of you" answered them.The party was too full, I had to fled from the hall to the bar, which the only nonalcoholic they had is Schweppes! Embarrassingly asked for a glass of still [I honestly didn't know whether it's tab or mineral] "Apperitivi" is a pre-dinner cocktail in Italy, MMM's apperitivi were normal tuna canapes and some opened-sandwiches, served with Champange. Firstly I didn't know how was it called "a party" because it's just a theatre-hall, full of fashion peoples, chit-chatting and looking at the big screen, which playing Puccini red carpet live. Suddenly appeared on the screen, a troop of white limos and vespas, ridden by models in white outfits, marched in the hall and presented the re-edited white collection of MMM.WOW! It's so impressive. Everything was so Margiela; the presentaion, color, and the Frenchs. While capturing the atmosphere and people...at a glance...there was Mrs. Menkes. Yes, she was, Mrs. Suzy Menkes. I didn't expect to meet her. Oh my god...I totally forgot Mr. Margiela but Mrs. Menkes disappeared in a second. Then the party was over. I missed both Mr & Mrs. M. 9 PM, there was no time to regret because I had a train to catch in 30 minutes and my stuff was still at the hostel!! Run, Pun Run. I arrived the station on time but train was delayed for 45 minutes!! Arrivederci Firenze, Ci Vediamo dopo.

No comments: