Sunday, January 15, 2006

MMMargiela's White World pt. 1

On Monday, January 9th, 2006. Someone asked me if I wanna go to Pitti Uomo or not. Why considering? My lecturer, Rocco Mannella, had just canceled his Wed morning class, I guessed he went to Pitti as well, so why won't I??? "Si Si Si Ci andiamo". So I packed my own stuffs in new S/S 06 Prada bag and headed to Firenze in Wednesday morning. This Pitti Immagine Uomo 69 had Maison Martin Margiela as a invited designer, created white theme installations, all around Fortezza da Basso.

After showed my first "press" namecard, I given first "press" passcard. Getting all the press stuffs, and tracking the MMM carte blanche, I met creativity events and exhibitions over the duration of the fair. MMM made "a fair in a fair" or a game to be enjoys by the visitors spread throughout the pavilions and outdoor areas of the Fortezza. The series of stands, shops, and facilities, all conceived in many shades of white, typical of MMM.

I decided to looking for the outdoor things first because of the good bright sunshine energized me. A White Flag For Florence; White Flags flied above the mail entrance of the fair. MMM Paper Stand, a typical Italian magazine vendor's kiosk is filled by entirely white contents [see a pic above]. I was offered a map of MMM here. Balloon With A View; White hot air balloon, standed in the main outdoor area of the Fortezza. A White "Work In Progress"; A white outdoor advertising billboard in a shades of white. White Bead Curtains; A series of white bead curtains hung under the setting of the Pitti walkways.
To be continued...

No comments: