Saturday, January 07, 2006

C I A O

First report...I'm not sure if it's ok Ricardo Tisci is a creative director for Givenchy? I don't mean his creations are suck but...with this talent, he could be the position in the others high brand like Dior or YSL. Why didn't Givenchy support & promote him as they should, like Balenciaga did to Ghesquiere. He started his creative career as a low-profile designer...but with the power of PR and of course, "the motorcycle bag", + Ghesquiere's unlimited creativities = one of the magic 7 of September Vogue US and one of the most influence designer on fashion students. How do you think? If Givenchy do more promote and PR, would Tisci be the next Ghesquiere?

2 comments:

Jared said...

I agree! And I must say that I feel Tisci is BETTER than Nicolas. Yes I love Nicolas to death, but I feel Tisci is more original. Nicolas only tweeks past Balenciaga from archives while Tisci comes up with a fresh new concept. Within LVMH I think his promotion is appropriate because I cannot see any other place he could be. Givenchy is the 2nd most profitable company under LVMH.

Anonymous said...

Bravo to Tisci!!!! He is much more original then Nicolas, that's for sure.